WELCOME TO MY BLOG

You may be wondering why I decided on the title I chose. Well about 2 months ago I decided to become a runner. I am a very slow runner, otherwise known in the running world as a turtle. I am determined to become faster and maybe someday become a racer. Therefore, I chose breaks out of her shell. Join me on my journey. As this turtle breaks out of her shell.

Friday, June 27, 2008

Book Reading

Even when reading is impossible, the
presence of books acquired produces such an ecstasy that the buying of more
books than one can read is nothing less than the soul reaching towards infinity…
we cherish books even if unread, their mere presence exudes comfort, their ready
access, reassurance. –A. E. Newton (1863-1940).

I love this quote because it is exactly how I feel about books!!! I buy so many books that I think I am a book addict!!! Seriously!!! You know how most children will sleep with stuffed animals when they are little? I always slept with books!!! A good book can get my heart racing faster than a car racing in Nascar!!! I Love Them!! When I was in beauty school I always got in trouble for reading instead of cutting hair( maybe I should have been a librarian? LOL). But still out of all the books that I have read the greatest and the one which has brought me the most comfort is my Bible. No other book can answer my secret sorrows and joys like the Bible!!! :) Well just a little thought about books!!!!

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

You better let me bring some of those books home. Love, Bonnie

Breanna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Breanna said...

I love the Bible too! I think it is the best book in the world. When my grandma tells me Bible stories I just can't get enough! My favorit is the story of Ester