WELCOME TO MY BLOG

You may be wondering why I decided on the title I chose. Well about 2 months ago I decided to become a runner. I am a very slow runner, otherwise known in the running world as a turtle. I am determined to become faster and maybe someday become a racer. Therefore, I chose breaks out of her shell. Join me on my journey. As this turtle breaks out of her shell.

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Been gone so looong!!

It has been such a long time since I have wrote anything. I blame this on allergy season. I hate pollen!! Pollen sucks the very life out of you.


I still been trying to keep up with my running. Last week, the hero in blue had to take some classes for some re-certification, and the power lifting champion had to rest up for his competition last week. So I had no training partners. I basically, just walked and took it easy. I found out that I can walk at a speed of 4.5 mph. I was really excited about that because I used to run at that speed a few months ago. I did run Friday, I really felt good for that run. But Monday, I ran again and once again I was disappointed with myself. I feel like I should be running a lot faster at this point. I started running in Feb. at a 4.5 mph speed and now I can run at between a 5.0 mph and 5.3 mph. I think I just am afraid of going any faster. I still have trouble with my breathing and around mile 2 I start feeling tired. The hero in blue and I have been trying to do some of our running outside. I really struggle with that. I think it is because I try to keep up with him, and he can run at a 6.0 speed. I still am determined to be a runner. I love reading running blogs and seeing all the races. It looks challenging but also like a lot of fun. I would like to be comfortable at a 6.0 speed before I try to do a race. Today, is another run day so I will let you know how it goes!!






No comments: