WELCOME TO MY BLOG

You may be wondering why I decided on the title I chose. Well about 2 months ago I decided to become a runner. I am a very slow runner, otherwise known in the running world as a turtle. I am determined to become faster and maybe someday become a racer. Therefore, I chose breaks out of her shell. Join me on my journey. As this turtle breaks out of her shell.

Thursday, May 1, 2008

Fear

Psalms 34:4 " I sought the Lord and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears."
I discovered this verse this morning during my daily devotions. I love it!!! It is such a calming verse for those who have any fears. I think if you are like me there are several things to fear. For example, the gas prices are very scary to me. I keep thinking how high will they really go and how will that affect our economy. I know that I have had to cut back on my driving around because of this very thing. Another fear, is how will my children turn out? What will happen to them? Especially with teens in the house, you wonder who will they date? who will they marry? will they raise their family in a Christian home with Christian values that you have tried so hard to install in them? And the newest fear I have is that I recently got a job. I will be a dispatcher at a local police department. I hate to start a new job. My fears are am I good enough to be doing this job? Will I be able to handle the stress that supposedly comes with this job. And even though I will just be working weekends, how will this disrupt my family's schedule ( even though we really don't have one.) Fears, whether real or imagined, they are still real to you. But somehow it seems God in all his blessed grace, comes and brings a verse like the one above to calm your fears. He wants us to learn to trust in him and not be fearful of the future. I am such a worrier( is this a real word?) which is all about fear. I am glad I found this verse and I just wanted to share it with you in case you have any fears. Pray for me and I will be praying for you!!!!

No comments: