WELCOME TO MY BLOG

You may be wondering why I decided on the title I chose. Well about 2 months ago I decided to become a runner. I am a very slow runner, otherwise known in the running world as a turtle. I am determined to become faster and maybe someday become a racer. Therefore, I chose breaks out of her shell. Join me on my journey. As this turtle breaks out of her shell.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

"Running on Sunshine"


If anyone out in blogland has been reading my blog, you know that the last few running days I've had ended up miserably. But yesterday was a totally different day. It was a lot better. I was able to run longer and even beat my time. 

I still have a lot more in common with this guy


Than with this guy!!!

 
But hey, I feel like I am making progress!!! In fact yesterday, I felt so good, I literally felt like I was "running on sunshine". I also felt a lot of improvement on my squats and dead-lifts. Each time I feel like I am stronger. It still a struggle, but in the end it feels great. 

     In other news, I have been enjoying the beautiful weather we have here. I have been doing a lot of my walking days outside. Sunday, I took Jessi and Sammy with me. I wanted to share some of the pictures we took.

Me and the famous Mr. Buddy!! 

Miss Sammy Waffles


My gorgeous diva girl Jessi!!


My two bookends!!

We had so much fun walking and enjoying the gorgeous day. My advice for anyone with teenagers or really any age, if at all possible include them in your exercise plans. It not only benefits everyone's health, it is also a fantastic time to spend quality time with them. Trust me they grow up way to fast!! It is so much fun to enjoy exercising while finding out what is going on in their lives. These are some of the best memories for me and hopefully them as well. Then today I walked my 3.1 miles with my hubby!! Another great bonding day. Well, I hope tomorrows run will go just as well as yesterdays. I will keep you posted!!


No comments: