WELCOME TO MY BLOG

You may be wondering why I decided on the title I chose. Well about 2 months ago I decided to become a runner. I am a very slow runner, otherwise known in the running world as a turtle. I am determined to become faster and maybe someday become a racer. Therefore, I chose breaks out of her shell. Join me on my journey. As this turtle breaks out of her shell.

Saturday, March 17, 2012

St.Patty's Day, Green Ketchup, and Luke

First off let me say Happy St. Patrick's Day!!! 

 

  Today, I celebrated St. Patty's Day with a handsome red head and FREE FRIES WITH GREEN KETCHUP!!! I took the computer genius out to Burger King because it was free fries all day !!! He had been waiting and talking about it for a week.  The green ketchup looked gross, but tasted just like ketchup. The bad thing was it dyed anything it touched green, I wondered what it did to our insides? Oh, well I think it will be okay for one day.

      In running news, my runs keep getting stronger and faster. Yesterday, I dreaded it all day to the point that I told the hubby, "forget it I'm just not going today!!" Wonderful, encouraging husband, that he is, he ended up talking me into it. I got on the treadmill and once I started going I felt great!!! I felt one with the run (so to speak). 



I really am starting to feel like this after a run!!


     I also have had a good week with strength training. When, I first started squats, I could not learn the proper form. I thought I knew how to do squats, but let's just say I didn't know squat about squats (no pun intended :)) But lately, I have been getting stronger in that area too. I think I have said in the past that my strength trainer, is a world record holding power lifter AKA my son Luke. 


Yep, folks he can really lift this much!!!

But there is another reason this mom is so proud of him. He recently lost almost 30 pounds and he has joined his mom and dad running!!! He is a natural athlete, so running is coming easy to him. As I said in my previous post, it is so important as well as fun to make your children part of your fitness program. As many of you have read in recent reports, so many children and teens are overweight,  becoming diabetics, have high blood pressure, and many other health issues. When kids see their parents enjoying a healthy lifestyle,they want to do it too!! We never pressured Luke in anything he chose to do. My husband has been power-lifting since he was a teenager. And he gradually helped Luke along. We are very proud of the things Luke has accomplished, but if he decided he didn't want to do this anymore, that would be okay too. He is very good at training me as well. He loves to switch up my strength training. It is never boring when I train with Luke.

     Well, I hope everyone enjoys their St. Patrick's Day!! And if you get a chance go by Burger King, and get some free fries and green ketchup!! You won't be sorry.

No comments: