WELCOME TO MY BLOG

You may be wondering why I decided on the title I chose. Well about 2 months ago I decided to become a runner. I am a very slow runner, otherwise known in the running world as a turtle. I am determined to become faster and maybe someday become a racer. Therefore, I chose breaks out of her shell. Join me on my journey. As this turtle breaks out of her shell.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

My embarrassing and annoying problem

     Today, I just wanted to vent about my annoying and embarrassing problem. My spare tire or as a I like to call it a menopot.
This is not me but this is how I feel.


Apparently, around age 40 this lovely phenomenon starts showing up. Ok, so let me get this straight not only do I have to deal with sagging skin but also a lovely thing called a menopot. Oh, the joys of aging.
I guess this is how I am starting to look to people (LOL).

I'm so happy to be droopy with a menopot.

So I figured ok, I can once again start self-hating, or I can do something about it. 
So I can go from this 

To this.

    I started doing a little research and found out some interesting things that I need to improve on to help  myself.  First of course, you have to change the way your eating. You should get plenty of healthy fats, such as Olive, Canola, Peanut oils and Avocados. You should also increase your Calcium intake. Also, eat as much whole foods as possible. This would mean increasing the fruits and vegetables you eat. Increasing how much water you drink, and decreasing the amount of soda intake. Secondly, doing a combination of  Cardio, Weights, and Core training, such as Pilates or Yoga. Adding some good AB exercises, such as bicycles, good old fashioned crunches, and if you have a exercise ball using that. The research I did suggested laying with the middle part of your back on the ball and pulling your hips up toward the ceiling. And, lastly getting between 7-8 hours of sleep a night. 

    After, researching I realized that there are a lot of things I am doing right, but there also a lot things I need to improve on. I am following the right path by doing a combo of Cardio and Weights. But I do need to add some more Core training. Also, I need to add some more healthy fats to my diet. Well, I am off to try some of these suggestions. If anybody out there has some suggestions for me, feel free to comment. I would really appreciate it!!

   
    
   

     
























No comments: